Samsung launched the Galaxy Grand few months back and it’s now a hit in the market. seeing it’s popularity developers are becoming very interested in it. Galaxy Grand features an awesome hardware with a lots of customization inbuilt. the Galaxy Grand is also been voted as the best selling smartphone of 2013 and it deserves to be in the list.
So now coming to the point to Root Samsung Galaxy Grand, by rooting your phone you can remove the bloatwares (stock apps) and modify your phone by installing Custom ROM’s.
Note: please carefully follow the procedure, we are not responsible if you brick your phone.
- Backup all of your data.
- you need to enable USB Debugging to do so go to Settings > Application > Development > USB Debugging and tick the check box.
- make sure that your phone have at least 60% of battery charged, so that it’ll not face any problem while doing the procedure.
- Disable any Antivirus apps if you’ve installed any of them because they makes problem while rooting.
- Download the USB Drivers of your phone so that it’ll not have any problem while connecting to PC.
- Download ODIN from here
First Install CWM Recovery
First of all we need to install CWM Recovery so that to get rooting access.
- So Download the ADB Drivers from here
- Now Download the CWM Recovery file from here
Now the steps begin Turn your device off and press Volume Down + Home Button + Power Button together now when you see the logo just release the button and then press volume up button to confirm the permissions asked.
Now you need to connect your Phone to the PC via USB Cable and then open the ODIN that you’ve downloaded before.
Now you’ve to check that the COM: xx (xx stands for Port Number of USB, it can be any no.)
Now you need to extract the CWM Recovery ZIP file that you’ve already downloaded.
Now in ODIN select PDA and then navigate to the place where you’ve extracted the CWM file and then select it.
Now click on start and after some time you’re done with installing the CWM Recovery on your Galaxy Grand Duos.
How to Root :
Now it’s really simple to root the Galaxy Grand, first of all you need to download this file and send it to your SD card.
1. Now Just Power off your phone and then press the Volume Down + Home + Power button together to boot your phone into the recovery mode.
2. You need to use volume button to navigate through the menu so scroll down to “Install ZIP from SD card” and then select it and choose the “UPDATE-SuperSU- v1.05.zip” file. and your phone will be rooted.
3. after the root procedure just select reboot system now and you’re done.
Now you can install any custom ROM you want on your phone, you can request any ROM in the comments section below. and I hope this tutorial helped you out. till then enjoy your rooted phone and install the best ROOT Apps. Once you will Root Samsung Galaxy Grand, you can enjoy many other features with other ROMs.
Image Credit : Engadget
All the tutorials and download links are collected from internet and various sources. We are not responsible for any damage in your device. Here we are putting our best to collect and publish accurate articles. So, Follow the tutorials at your own risk.